We would not recommend hosting your website from your own home. Web hosting can be a laborious business as server maintenance has some demanding, and sometimes expensive, requirements that must be met in order to maintain the quality and consistency desired for hosting a website. To run your own server from home, you would need:
- A powerful computer to handle multiple processor requests at the same time
- To keep your computer on 24 hours a day, every day; and keep it secure from hackers and free from viruses
- To install your own control panel, mail server, FTP server, database software and more
- To purchase licenses in order to have all the server side software you are used to getting, some of which can be expensive
- To fix all of your own problems and support your own installations
- A super fast internet connection and an agreement with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to allow you to accept constant, heavier-than-normal traffic (this part will get very expensive)
In the end, it is much more practical to pay a small amount to receive hosting services from a trusted company.