HOSTKET recommends activating SpamAssassin as soon as you create an email account or log in for the first time.
To enable or disable SpamAssassin
- Log into cPanel
- In the Mail section, click the 'SpamAssassin' icon
- In the gray box, click 'Enable SpamAssassin' to enable; or click 'Disable SpamAssassin' to disable
Depending on the option you selected, you will receive a confirmation message on the next page stating that SpamAssassin was either enabled or disabled.
Spam Score Limit
SpamAssassin screens each incoming email message and scores it based on its spam characteristics. By default, SpamAssassin considers messages with a score of 5 to be spam; however, you can adjust the spam score limit according to your preference. Simply select the desired spam score limit from the Score drop-down menu in the Filters section. The lower the score, the more stringent the filter will be:
- 0 means everything incoming will be marked as spam.
- 5 is the default setting (and works well for typical users).
- 10 means that any message with a score of 10 or less will not be marked as spam.